Many Body Aspects of Gravity
Introduction to Group Theory in Physics
- Prof. Afsar Abbas joined CTP as Visiting Professor, November 2016.
- Dr. Arnab Dasgupta completed his Ph.D., 25th October 2016.
- Prof. Anjan A. Sen has been elected fellow of The National Academy of Sciences, India, for the year 2016.
- Dr. Sumit Kumar completed his Ph.D., 10th August 2016.
- Dr. Wali Hossain completed his Ph.D., 10th May 2016.
- Dr. Pankaj Sheoran completed his Ph.D., 3rd May 2016.
- Dr. Uma Papnoi completed her Ph.D., 5th April 2016.
- Dr. Dharm Veer Singh joined CTP as DS Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellow, January 2016.
- Mobile Planetarium sessions being organised for students, by the Centre.
- ScalPy: A cosmology software developed at CTP
The Centre for Theoretical Physics is a vibrant research centre in the central university Jamia Millia Islamia. It was established in the year 2006.
During the last three years, Centre for Theoretical Physics (CTP) has grown into a leading centre for research in the country, and is the only centre in Delhi which is solely dedicated to research in theoretical physics. The Centre's activities are mainly in the areas of astrophysics, gravitation, cosmology and high energy physics. A significant number of scientists visit the centre each year, participating in workshops, seminars, training courses, and a range of other scientific activities.
Objectives of the Centre
- To promote scientific research, advanced teaching and training in areas of theoretical physics particularly Cosmology, High Energy Physics, Nuclear Physics.
- To provide a forum for interaction among scientists, research workers, teachers and students involved in these disciplines with each other and also among national and international experts in those areas.
- To provide research facilities to individual workers or research groups, especially to those who are deprived of such facilities for extended periods.
- To create an atmosphere of scientific awareness, motivation for new ideas and interdisciplinary research.
- To disseminate knowledge of recent advances in Theoretical Physics on a popular level among students and general public with a view to inculcate scientific temper which is essential to build a modern society in India.